jeudi 12 juin 2008

Rik Cordero "I Didn't Make This For MTV"


Rik Cordero, le réalisateur du clip "Be A Nigger Too" de Nas, s'est exprimé sur le site SOHH sur la porté symbolique de cette vidéo et son objectif.

"There's a message of this universal theme about what we all go through as minorities in this country. At the same time, it presents what the word really means and how it's been changed over the years."

"Some people wanted me to go really over the top with it, but I couldn't do that. I could have put Nas in front of a green screen and thrown up pictures of people getting their heads blown off, but I didn't want to do that."

"It doesn't solve any problems, it doesn't answer any questions, but what I want it to do is make people think. To start a discussion."

"I didn't make this video for the internet, or even MTV. If it gets picked up, it'll be because the fans were really behind it and demanded it."




[Sondages]