samedi 28 juin 2008

AZ: "I was inspired by Nas’ movement"


AZ parle avec HipHopDX de sa mixtape "N4L (Niggaz 4 Life)" inspiré du projet "The Nigger Tape" de Nas.

I was inspired by Nas’ movement. That’s my boy. And when I was putting out the Undeniable album I was getting a lot of questions like, ‘When you and Nas doing this and doing that?’ And it was overwhelming actually. I mean, I always got [those questions] through my career, but it was more overwhelming this run. And [so] I decided I would never know if [working together again is] gonna come into fruition. So I said, ‘You know what, I’ma hop on that bandwagon and do my Niggaz 4 Life ‘cause he’s doing the nigger theme, and it’ll give the fans an opportunity to say [if] they did do an album [together] this how it would sound like.’

Quand on demande à AZ si lui et Nas se sont parlés depuis l'annonce de cette mixtape, il répond que non mais que ce serait le bon moment, en précisant qu'entre les 2 il n'y a aucun problème.
Not as of yet. I think it’ll be the right time for us to politic [when it’s the right time]. Like I said [in our last interview], ain’t no bad blood or nothing, everything is everything.

La mixtape "N4L" sortira le 5 août avec des apparitions de Raekwon, Sheek Louch, Trey Songz, Charlie Rock et StarKimet (ces 2 derniers sont des artistes de la structure Quiet Money de AZ).




[Sondages]