lundi 23 juin 2008

Killah Priest parle du changement de titre



Dans une interview avec HipHopDX, Killah Priest a donné son opinion sur le changement de titre du nouvel album de Nas. Pour lui Nas aurait mieux fait de quitter le label...



You had Nas on the track “Gun for Gun” on The Offering. He has recently changed the controversial album title from Nigger to Nothing due to public and private pressures. He continues to release controversial videos, visuals and lyrics, mainly powerful, colonial-depicting imagery. And when you’re talking about “the movement”, Nas has been controversial with his previous album also, Hip Hop is Dead. In your opinion, is Nas just creating controversy or does he have a point?
I don’t know man, I saw an interview with him where he’s bigging up stic – I think he got dead prez on his album doing beats or whatever. But Nas has always been clever, like how he came out like with Hip Hop is Dead. I don’t know, I think Nas should have never backed down or listened to Def Jam – he should get off that label. He didn’t even need that, he could have started his own thing, signed with anybody, but every man is a man, they do what they gotta do. It’s just like Alicia Keys: once you stand up against what they’re pushing, don’t ever back down in what you want to do. I think he’s putting out [The Nigger Tape]…I didn’t approve of him changing the title, he should have kept that. I wanted to see him justify that [laughing] or point it out - why he did it. If it was just pure ignorance, that would have been on him.

In all fairness, it could be viewed as pure ignorance. The way he’s been explaining it to the media, his justification doesn’t really hold water.
That’s true. And I gotta get into it; really pay more attention to that. I saw the title, looked at it, but I was at the studio most of the time. I was like, “Wow man, what was that about?” But if that was about ignorance, he shouldn’t have even named it that. That’s all I gotta say on that.




[Sondages]