mercredi 16 juillet 2008

Unfiltered, Untitled, Undeterred


Nouvelle interview de Nas avec le site okayplayer.com, il revient pour la 1ère fois sur le passage du titre "Queens Get The Money" où il parle de 50 Cent.

OKP: What's up with the verse from the project aimed at 50?
Nas: I thought I shot that over everybody's heads, I didn't think they'd get anything that I said, cause I was using old styles on him like stuff from the Five Percent Nation, and I didn't think people would get it. It was just acknowledging 50's alleged retirement (after losing the first week's sales battle to Kanye) --I've had this for a while. Talking about it's really like.... he was an understudy or apprentice of mine, a friend of mine before. I haven't been able to see him lately. I'd love to talk to him. It's just me saying my piece. It wasn't like I was saying me and him should battle right now. It was just writing, it came in my writing. I didn't even plan on this now.

OKP: I was just wondering why you didn't hit 50 with a three-verse special and just go ahead and Ether that dude?
Nas: I think he's got to put out more than just 3 albums. They've got to put out a body of work--survival. [It takes going through] hard times, and grinding and then coming back on top for somebody to really put it down. It's too early, they're still freshmen, you know? So they've got to put out a lot more work out before that happens.




[Sondages]