lundi 21 juillet 2008

Nas rêve d'albums avec DJ Premier et Dr. Dre

Dans une interview donné à MTV, Nas s'est laissé aller et a révélé un de ses rêves qu'il aimerait bien réaliser. Il voudrait faire un album produit entièrement par DJ Premier, un autre produit par Dr. Dre et sortir tout ça le même jour...

"I want to do an all-Dr. Dre album. A whole thing with Dre and a whole thing with Premier, and drop 'em on the same day. That's the real thing. All right, I said it. That's what I really wanna do.

"I'm doing my dream. If you could, wouldn't you do it? What else would you do? Every time I do something, it's, 'Oh, he's doing it because this and that.' Since my first album, everybody has an explanation of why. What am I supposed to be doing here? So I wanna drop the Dre album and the Premier album on the same day. That's what I'm thinking."

Nas est aussi revenu sur la genèse de 2 morceaux de son nouvel album, le titre "Make The World Go Round" avec The Game et Chris Brown:
"He just hit me with the track. I was like, 'Oh, that's what's up.' The record was Game's record, so he's like, 'Me, you, I'm going to see Chris Brown. Nas, we gon' make this movie, boom, boom, boom.' It was his record. I guess [it was going to be on] Game's album. It was gonna come out now, but he pushed his sh-- back, so he let me have his sh--. He's a smart n---a like that. I was like, 'What you doing with this record?' He gave it to me. He's got so many bangers [on his album], I guess."

et celui avec Busta Rhymes: "Fried Chicken".
"When I was doing the album, I knew there was certain concepts I had to do," Nas explained. "There were obvious concepts, so many things to touch on, on an album that's supposed to be the N----- album. 'Fried Chicken' was just a no-brainer. So I did the first verse and had it. I knew everybody was busy. I couldn't think of anyone to get on it. I had hit up Common and I hit a few people. Everybody was trying to get back, and I had to turn it in, like, yesterday. Then it just dropped on me — boom! Who's got the science? Who knows all the science on all this sh--? The Godfather, Busta Rhymes. It was just perfect. I hit him [and] said, 'Please turn it around.' He was overseas. He knocked that sh-- out overseas, sent it to me. Done."

En ce qui concerne le projet avec DJ Premier, sachant que ce dernier ne cesse de répéter qu'il attend des nouvelles de Nas, il semble probable que cet album se réalise un jour...
Pour l'album avec Dr. Dre on est peut être un peu plus dans le rêve... (et l'envie de faire avec Dr. Dre ce que Jay-Z devrait peut être faire avec Timbaland).




[Sondages]