mardi 15 avril 2008

"Where Are They Now" Spice 1


Lors d'une interview avec Spice 1, le site West Coast de référence DubCNN lui a demandé sa réaction quand il a entendu son nom dans le morceau "Where Are They Now" de Nas.

Nas - "Where Are They Now"


How did you feel when Nas said your name in that "Where Are They Now" track?
Shit, I didn't know what to think! I'm from Hayward, and this fool is all the way from Queens, NY, and he's saying my name in his music. I never met him before in my life, and it being Nas, I was overwhelmed about it. You never know who's listening to your music. It could be anybody! I didn't know that Shaq O'Neal listened to my music, I didn't know that Damian Marley listened to my music and shit! My music was strong enough for Wyclef to see me in a club and actually get on his knees and bow down, like "Spice 1!!" My music was strong enough for Jamie Foxx to pull over his limo in the rain and him to hop out the limo and tke pictures with me, in the rain! In the middle of him doing that "Ray" movie!

That let me know how strong my music was, and that was probably all from the first album. R. Kelly knows me from that album, Mary J Blige, a lot of big artists respect that album. I was talking to Halle Berry, and she liked that one song on the first album, all that shit is overwhelming to hear people talk about your music like that when you never met them before. And they're more famous than you are but they're starstruck! 'Pac knew all of the songs on the first album, he knew the words to it and shit. Everybody was on that album!

En fin d'année dernière Spice 1 s'est fait tirer dessus et était depuis en soin à l'hôpital. Il est sortie il y a peu de temps et prépare déjà son nouvel album "Home Street Home". Le 1er titre extrait de ce projet est à écouter ci-dessous.

Spice 1 feat. Daz - "Carried By Six"




[Sondages]