mardi 12 mai 2009

Collaboration Pete Rock / Nas


Après que Q-Tip ait annoncé il y a quelques semaines qu'ils avaient retravailler avec Nas récemment, c'est au tour de Pete Rock de faire la même annonce. Il a confié au site AllHipHop que Nas l'avait appelé il y a peu de temps.

"I got a call from [Nas] one day. I was very excited when I saw that he called. I called him back and we conversed a bit, through the text, got him on the phone and we kicked it. I sent music to him. And I'll just continue to send him music, you know? Whatever he likes, he'll probably put to the side. But, I'm real excited about working with him."

Pete Rock a aussi donné son sentiment sur le pourquoi les 2 artistes n'avaient jamais retravailler ensemble depuis "Illmatic".
"I think it was a lot of situations [that caused the break off], but you know, but right now, I don't give a damn. That was the past. You know, I always wanted to get down to the bottom of it, to see what the problem was. Whatever it was, I know it was a lie. I always asked that question like ‘Why isn't he working with me,’. Other than that, I'm just happy that he reached out. Watch out. The beats are coming crazy."




[Sondages]