mercredi 7 janvier 2009

Wyldfyer et les collaborations Nas/Jay-Z


Le producteur Wyldfyer est revenu avec le site HipHopGame sur les différentes collaborations de Nas et Jay-Z dont 2 qu'il a produit ("I Do It For Hip Hop" et "Black Republican" produit avec L.E.S.).

Congrats on producing Ludacris’ “I Do It for Hip-Hop” and “Last of a Dying Breed.” How did “I Do It for Hip-Hop” come about?
Thanks, I appreciate it. I was working with DJ Nabs, who’s a pretty well-known DJ in Atlanta and he’s pretty good friends with Ludacris. He actually brokered the deal for me. I did that and “Last of a Dying Breed” with Luda.

You’re becoming the only dude that can work with Jay and Nas at the same time as well.
(laughs) I’m two out of three right now. Shout out to NO I.D. too. That’s really crazy. I guess Luda just heard the music and was inspired by it and I’m fortunate that he wrote what he did about it and him being on Def Jam got Nas and Jay on it.

Most people would be happy working with Jay or Nas once.
(laughs) It’s crazy how things align sometimes. It’s not like I’m big time and I call Jay and Nas and tell them I want to do it again. It just worked out that way.

Jay and Nas have very different styles and like different styles of beats. What do you think it is about your beats that make them both sound good at the same time?
One thing I can say is that those are the two main MCs that I grew up listening to along with Biggie and some other cats. Into my 20s I was pretty much listening to Nas and Jay. Their DNA is in my music. I really can’t put my finger on it. That’s an advantage to growing up when I did and I’m making music inspired by what I heard. I listened to all of Jay’s albums and all of Nas’ albums and I was able to come up with my own format.

After hearing your underground beats with artists like Stimuli and UnLearn and then your bigger beats like “I Do It for Hip-Hop” and “Black Republicans,” one thing I can say is that I never knew it was you doing the track. Is that a good thing right now?
Oh, man, I look at that as the best thing ever because that’s exactly what I was going for. When I first got into the game a lot of the big-name producers were doing the same thing and they said you had to do the same thing over and over so that you had the branding and if you fell off you had to rebuild yourself. My goal was to be diverse with it and to show my talent and to show my range of skills so you would never hear a beat and say, “That’s a Wyldfyer beat.”

How much longer can you go before people say, “That’s a Wyldfyer beat.”
(laughs) I got thousands and thousands of beats. Those beats were two or three years old on the Luda album. I got so many different beats and styles that it’s ridiculous. It probably won’t happen. The only thing I can control is what people pick. I never thought Luda would have picked the beat for “I Do It for Hip-Hop.” But he picked it and he made it a great song. The only thing I hope is that I can influence what people pick so we don’t do the same song over and over but we do work in the copycat industry.

Dans la suite de l'interview Wyldfyer nous apprend qu'il n'a pas vraiment aimé comment le titre "I Do It For Hip Hop" avait été mixé et nous explique sa relation avec L.E.S.


L'autre collaboration Nas/Jay-Z a été produit par No I.D. (Co-produit par Jermaine Dupri), c'est pour ça que Wyldfyer fait allusion à No I.D. dans l'interview.




[Sondages]